As most of you who pay attention to my page here, or my journals on any other of the sites that I haunt, I know that I have been less active on line. There has been a lot going on in life in general right now. Wyatt is almost walking on his own and into everything like a little 9 month old should be. Including managing to climb to the top part of my couch without help. If it's not Wyatt drawing my attention away, it's something else. There's been a lot of health problems in my family recently, among several other dramas. It's hard to keep myself focused, and I find what little time during the day that I manage to pick up a pen or a piece of clay very therapeutic. There for in an attempt to keep myself more focused than I have been, I've decided to share my goals for this coming year.
1. Buy a better vacuum cleaner.
(The one that I have only seems to pick up dust, and I find myself trying to sweep a carpet a lot of the time.)
2. Research better foods, and try to introduce better things to eat into my families meals since that is a big thing now, for both sides of my extended family.
3. Make a schedule and keep a calendar. I know that right now with a 9 month old, my home schedule is not something that I should expect to have written in stone, but if I at least write it, with specific goals, I hope to half way follow it. Especially since I would like to continue doing the things that keep me sane, like my ink sketches or my writing that I haven't done or kept up with in so long.
As far as my artistic related goal:
1. Finish my resin projects. I learned about casting in resin last year and I have a unfinished mask blank that is waiting for me. As well as a dragon head that I am working on skulpting now that I hope to cast again for a few plushies. This is tiedius work to a degree but also a lot of fun.
2. I need to work on rebuilding my personal illustration portfolio. By next year I would like to replace at least 4 of the pictures in it with new ones. (4 seems managable at the moment. We will see if I add to that number as time goes on.)
3. Really this goal is up every year. I just want to continue my practice with meterials, anatamy, and color. Especially painting on 3D ish subjects like my sculptures.
Really there are more goals than this, but if I were to write all of them down, I could fill a novel. These are the ones that I believe are most important to me.
Listening to: Lemon Demon, This is the Ultimate Showdown
Reading: Text book for Art History
Playing: the game of life
Drinking: tea (With my tea infuser collection)